Critical zeroeditor load error [solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Critical zeroeditor load error [solved]

Post by kiprobin »

ok, so i went to expand my terrain for my lothal map. first, i made a backup of the wld file, then expanded the terrain. I forgot to do the marquee thing to save the old terrain, so I exited zeroeditor and then loaded my backed up wld file. I then realized that i forgot to save the terrain file, and now i'll completely have to do the terrain and textures again. unfortunate, but i'll manage. However, when i open zeroeditor, and click "load" it just freezes, and never does anything. it works fine if you don't hit load; you can still hit region mode, object mode, etc. (though that won't do anything without a world loaded), but once i hit load, it just stops indefinitely. I went to one of my older map's files and opened that ZE, but it does the same thing
My initial theory was that because by backed up world file had no terrain file, and the new one i hadn't yet textured after creating the new terrain, that zeroeditor couldnt read them somehow, and because ze opens the most recently used folder by default, in my case the folder with those to wld files in it, that that was causing the crash, though truthfully I have no idea.
I get that i screwed up and have to completely reterrain, retexture, and refoliage my map, but if zeroeditor wont work for me, i cant really do anything. I'm pretty desperate, and any help or insight would be appreciated
Last edited by kiprobin on Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Critical zeroeditor load error

Post by kiprobin »

ok, i restarted my computer and i can now load worlds again. dont know what happened, but it works. next time i'll remember to backup the terrain file too i guess haha
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Critical zeroeditor load error [solved]

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

you can also just make a copy of the .TER file to have a backup