iTunes Error

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

iTunes Error

Post by Nova Hawk »

So we just upgraded to Mac OS Lion and the whole new operating system is completely awesome but the thing is I'm having trouble opening iTunes. It gives me this error as follows:

I then try to go to the Apple website and downloaded the latest iTunes and it install it and everything but it still gives me the same problem. Do you guys know how to fix this?
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: iTunes Error

Post by computergeek »

This isn't specific to the problem, but have you tried restarting your computer? If that doesn't work, completely uninstall iTunes and re-install
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Yeah, I've tried restarting and that doesn't work. I've also tried uninstalling the program but it gives an error saying that I can't movie it to the trash because the Mac OS requires it.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Looks like you're not the only one with this error
https://discussions.apple.com/message/15745414#15745414
https://discussions.apple.com/message/15677044#15677044

Looks like the best solution so far is to "Wait for Apple to fix it".
Hidden/Spoiler:
You ARE trying to download iTunes 10.4, yes?
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Yeah, I know I'm not the only guy with the problem. The only problem I don't have any program now to listen to my music and I just can't do that. Whenever I'm on the computer I turn on music, I just don't like the quietness.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
You ARE trying to download iTunes 10.4, yes?
And yes, yes I am
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Can't you just use quicktime? I mean, sure, it's not quite a playlist, but it'll play songs...
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Can't you just use quicktime? I mean, sure, it's not quite a playlist, but it'll play songs...
I'll try that. Dunno if it'll work... And I found out something. I went onto my brother's account and tried using iTunes and it worked perfectly. Had no problems with it. So quite frankly, I don't know what the deal is with my account. I guess it has a problem with Admin accounts cuz that's what mine is and my brother is just a Standard user. I tried to switch my account to a standard too but I still got the same problem. It totally sucks... that's the one thing I hate about this new OS.

EDIT:
Yeah, I can't run Quicktime either. Tried downloading the latest version and got a different error... ugh
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Nova Hawk wrote:Yeah, I've tried restarting and that doesn't work. I've also tried uninstalling the program but it gives an error saying that I can't movie it to the trash because the Mac OS requires it.
Technically, no, an operating system does not require a music player in order to run, that is just Apple forcing you to stick with their product, and is moving programs to the trash seriously, honestly the way you are supposed to uninstall them?

Either way, I would recommend downloading and installing Winamp, which I am almost positive installs on a Mac operating system otherwise the website probably wouldn't bother to display which operating system the browser is running on; but then again, there is still Linux... :yes: Even though it may not used to do so, Winamp launches super-fast, it's almost always immediate to respond when it hasn't been touched for an extended length of time while it has been playing music or sitting idly, it's very easy to use, and it isn't bloated like iTunes. Plus, it uses a mere 7.5 MB of RAM when it's idle and only 30 MB when it's playing music, whereas iTunes hogs 36 MB of RAM in its idle state and 42 MB when it plays music. Oh, and it works with iPod devices as well. :P
Lozza
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: STALKER - TDU2

Post by Lozza »

Try uninstall itunes through control panel and usually it has a repair option on uninstall. Other than that, I dunno . Sorry
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Lozza wrote:Try uninstall itunes through control panel and usually it has a repair option on uninstall. Other than that, I dunno . Sorry
Yeah, Mac runs differently than a PC. I don't think they have a Control Panel...

EDIT:
Does anyone know when iTunes 10.5 will be released? I heard it went to beta for the iPhone, iPad, etc. but I want to know when it'll be coming out for Macs.