Star Wars Battlefront II crash [UPDATED]

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

PixelSith64

Star Wars Battlefront II crash [UPDATED]

Post by PixelSith64 »

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with Battlefront II. I've had it for awhile on the C drive, but I moved it to the external hard drive to make room. It worked for awhile, but now doesn't anymore. I figured I had improperly installed something or misplaced a file, and with a broken disc 2, I can't reinstall anyway.

Today I was gifted Star Wars Battlefront II on Steam by a friend. It's installed 100%. I went to the external and copied my profiles over to a folder I named "SaveGames" like it was on the external. I tried running it. It crashed as soon as it got to the screen with it saying "Star Wars Battlefront II" in front of Mustafar with the balls at the bottom. I figured it must have been because savegames are put in a new place with the Steam release, so I removed that, but nothing. It has no fragmentation on it, and I don't know what's going on with it. I don't think it's a graphics issue, because it has run Battlefront II plenty of times before the external harddrive issue and it's able to run games with much higher graphics with no problems, plus, it doesn't even get ingame.

I'd be really thankful if someone could help me, as I'd really like to play one of my favorite shooters again.

EDIT: Also, the computer I have it on is an XP. And why did I have to re-register an account? o-O

EDIT2: I fixed it. I ran BattlefrontII.exe with compatibility mode on for Windows 95. Works like a charm.