Server status on website?

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

Server status on website?

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Every now and then i get a small urge to play SWBF2 online and feel like goin on the GT server . However, only if a few other people are on. Im not interested in killing bots :P

I was wondering how feasible it would be to have a little Server status bar on the site saying how many people are on the GT server ? maybe with a list of who's on the server aswell?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

This is a great idea! it would be pretty helpful too.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

is there any such interface into swbf2 code to do this? i think not but anyone who can provide urls to something close would be great. again i dont think server status in any programming language exists.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

Well, how does Xfire get its info?
Or this lil program http://www.qtracker.com/
Maybe you could use the methods that they iuse to get status.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I would have guessed that having been member of LucasForums might help me sooner or later to provide other GameToast members a few Informations and Advices I obtained by browsing the above Community, but I did not know it could even serve the Interests of the local Staff's Main Leader. Indeed, if I were you, I would look at this web-page, which refers to the Status of a specific Dedicated Server, while precising both the Amount and Usernames of persons being connected to the concerned Star Wars Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy Game, thanks to a Dynamic Process having been labelled "Kurgan's Meatgrinder"...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

anyone using qtracker? Looks like it supports swbf2
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Apparently, and according to the content of a few Progress Reports provided on Qtracker's Official web-site, it indeed seems that this Statistics Utility supports video-games like those belonging to the Star Wars Battlefront Series - Including incidentally Star Wars Battlefront II - since the release of its 4.11 Version...
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Is that what Bungie may have used to keep track of the amount of people playing Halo PC online?

Sorry if this is off topic but maybe you, Guru, can somehow do the exact stragety as Bungie did.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Most of the Statistics Tracking Systems we must have all learnt about nowadays are somewhat based on a similar Principle, which may explain why Bungie Software, Qtracker and even "Kurgan's Meatgrinder" have appeared as being so close, and that's probably why I assume guru would not face too many problems while trying to adopt such a Strategy, although this might mean that the one he could deploy would not be as much "Advanced" as the one exploited by Halo Series' Originator...