Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

I can't seem to change my Avatar :cry: . Why? I go the Account properties, click Edit Information, select a new Avatar, and save the changes - but it doesn't change? :shock:

Please help me. :?:
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Avatar Problems

Post by Leviathan »

uttaresh, could you post links pointing to the Avatars you have tried to use on GameToast Message-Boards, please ? Indeed, you mustn't forget that the current phpBB Forum does not allow its users to select "Custom Graphics" exceeding specific dimension's and size's limitations...
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Well, I select one of the Avatars from your drop-down list. Currently, I wish to change my avatar to "Anakin-Vs-Obi-Wan.gif" - but it won't let me.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Well, in that case, I would advise you to find and copy the URL of the Avatar you would wish to associate to your GameToast Account, through the use of the "Context Menu > Properties" path. Once you'll have located and kept it into Microsoft Windows "Clipboard", just paste this address into the dedicated field you would have used in order to call a custom Avatar hosted outside GameToast Server(s), uttaresh...
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Huh? I don't understand. What is the dedicated field, and how do you use an avatar from outside GameToast?

*Silence continues*

Hello... Is anybody there?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

uttaresh, since you seem not to have understood properly what I've said earlier, I think that taking a sample so as to provide you comprehensible instructions would be highly welcome...
Therefore, the current Avatar affiliated to your GameToast Account is attached to the "http://www.gametoast.com/images/avatar/walker2[1].gif" address - Which is easily obtainable thanks to the "Address (URL) :" field you can access through a Right-Click on your Avatar, and a selection of the "Properties" option -, and you should guess that pasting this address in the "Link to off-site Avatar:" section - Present inside your Profile's Page - is an alternative way intended to attach this Graphics to your local Account. Thus, proceeding so with different Avatars available in "GameToast's Gallery" might help you to work out this problem rather efficiently...
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Well Postnuke lets you edit all info about the users so whoever has access to the Administrators Panel could easily help this guy.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Okay! It worked! Thanks, Leviathan!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

You are welcome, uttaresh !...
Of course, if you're facing additional troubles in the future, do not hesitate to either talk about them to any member belonging to GameToast Staff, or dedicate a thread to them - Like the current one -, in order to enhance your chances to work out those Issues much more fastly...
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

I have the same Problem.No Avatar.I don`t can change it and I don`t can choose from the new Avatars from EP2.I don´t find them. :oops:
Please help me,Leviathan.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

I find it.Don´t need help. :roll:
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Alright, although I do not need to provide you anymore the Informations and Resources you might have needed in order to get any Avatar to work on GameToast Message-Board, I assume I can nevertheless remind you that Rules have never ceased being applied on any Bulletin-Board you may know about, which means that having resurrected the current thread has been made strictly forbidden on this Location and can be even be heavily condemned, and that's why I would avoid behaving like that again in the future...