Quantum of Solace

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Quantum of Solace

Post by Grev »

Who's seen the latest installement of the 007 series?

I great movie, in my opinion, although its technically happening before the rest of the movies, but the cars.... Eugh. Wheres the Aston Martin? And seeing as the other movies weren't very time correct, then its ok.

Another point I didn't like was the shaky scenes making it impossible to figure out what happened. But turns out its the same stunt/ action scene team that worked on the Bourne films. That explains it.

And Bond seemed a bit too brutal. Just a bit smarter than Shwartsennaegger.

Other than that, the movie was very good, and it was a pleasure to see.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Quantum of Solace

Post by DeathRow »

Comes out on Wednesday over here, I have plans to see it with mates the night it comes out. I really have high hopes for this one as I liked the first.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Ill be watching 007 on monday after i over-eat lots of mexican food. the 007s have been a "must see" movie series since I was a kid, just some family thing to always go see it. i liked the last one 007 , more then the last batman. :sleep:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

My only complaint is that the villain wasn't "cool". He looked like a huge nerd. Other than that I loved it. Not the #1 Bond, but a solid one.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I will probably see it on Tuesday. Apparently it's very action-heavy and light-plotted so I'm just going into this movie as though it's Please remove this may be spam Royale Part II, which essentially it is.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Quantum of Solace was a step in the right direction. I'm happy with it, but not the best, and I think Please remove this may be spam was best.

Tons of more action and a better story and some nice flashbacks to the old bonds
Hidden/Spoiler:
The boat chase (I can't remember of the top of my head, but it was a Connery one, I'm thinking Russia or Thunder) and the oiled agent (Goldfinger with the golden girl)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also the organization was built up larger than it was. Hey I'm going to steal water!
Hidden/Spoiler:
The villain was a nerd, especially is battle cry, but we can't totally complain, since in Tomorrow Never Dies, the villain controlled the media.

I'm glad the Aston Martin got more screen time than Please remove this may be spam, but once again Bond didn't return it in pristine condition. And where's Q!?!?! Seriously. Gadgets!

I'm liking Craig's bond, but I miss what the previous Bonds were. Although I do like the more hand to hand battles and the free running skill. The ending wan't Bond like for me. It works for the story, but wasn't a Bond ending to me.

4/5
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Moving_Target wrote:Quantum of Solace was a step in the right direction. I'm happy with it, but not the best, and I think Please remove this may be spam was best.

Tons of more action and a better story and some nice flashbacks to the old bonds
Hidden/Spoiler:
The boat chase (I can't remember of the top of my head, but it was a Connery one, I'm thinking Russia or Thunder) and the oiled agent (Goldfinger with the golden girl)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also the organization was built up larger than it was. Hey I'm going to steal water!
Hidden/Spoiler:
The villain was a nerd, especially is battle cry, but we can't totally complain, since in Tomorrow Never Dies, the villain controlled the media.

I'm glad the Aston Martin got more screen time than Please remove this may be spam, but once again Bond didn't return it in pristine condition. And where's Q!?!?! Seriously. Gadgets!

I'm liking Craig's bond, but I miss what the previous Bonds were. Although I do like the more hand to hand battles and the free running skill. The ending wan't Bond like for me. It works for the story, but wasn't a Bond ending to me.

4/5
It was From Russia with Love. Also, my dad and I had a discussion about Q, and while this isn't really chronologically correct, its still supposed to be prior to the other movies, and Q showed up for..... Dalton?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Moving_Target wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Think about what we would do if we had no water... Considering the villain was going for (in the long run) the ability to do this across the world he could have easily controlled the world. It was only mentioned in passing, but what you saw was just the start. Besides, he could at least control the country if there were no water.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Teancum wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Think about what we would do if we had no water... etc.
Haven't seen the movie, so I can't say whether this idea "worked" for the movie, but
Hidden/Spoiler:
stealing water
lacks the villianous panache of say,
Hidden/Spoiler:
irradiating the gold supply.
It might be more effective, but from a storytelling point-of-view it seems a bit less flamboyant and exciting than some of the other Bond villians' schemes.

Will make further judgement, pro or con, if I get around to seeing this.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

True Tean.

Q I think is going to finally show in the next one, because these two films are meant to show how Bond became Bond. And Quantum is the first direct sequel.

Q played by Desmond Llewelyn has been in all Bond films except Dr. No and Die Another Day, since he passed away after The World is Not Enough. He was a great Q. The next Q was John Cleese who I like. He does a good job filling the shoes. I so hope they hire him as Q like they did with Judi as M.

Regardless of what we post, viewers I say still go see the movie.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: gurureview and spoilers inside!

Post by guru »

gurureview and spoilers inside!

just saw this today , I was cracking up it was a great "light" movie in the sense that I could talk or go pee and come back and not feel as though some vital portion was missed.

GuruReview:

The movie starts out with rap beat music and r&b music, not typical bond music which was kinda a turn off when your wanting to get into what the whole 007 is about, class and keeping to the true roots of bond. Imold school for sure but if i want this music in my spy movie ill go watch bourne and oceans movies.

Ok so that was a long intro movie, boring music with hip hop and bla bla singing.

Movie started , car chase, seen it. kinda cool but after 4 minutes a.d.d is your friend , fast music , shaky cams.

ok meat and potatoes, noQ no old cast from bond just M and she is chillin this time around, bathing, drinking, whatever she used to be hardcore and demand respect , in this flick she is basically just some old english hag, having a mental stareout with bond.

Everyone doesnt trust anyone. Fights, ugly bong girls, all of them. the redhead looked like 16 candles girl and the rest were just whatever. He doesnt drink his usual martini , he never says his name is bond, ever. He fights like a navy seal when he used to just outsmart and out gadget, oh yea no gadgets , Q is afk.

fight, more ugly girls, more haiti, more desert, fireballs, planes that we fly better then pilots in the air force? It was a great action movie , slow to low plot, good fights, he is a good actor all the rest of the actors were idle at best. the enemy and his "life partner" bored me and/or why is he evil, he is like a riddlin kid who worships water for power? lolz.

With no other tolerable movies out , I kept true to my end of the bargain with bond, to go see it always, nothing to bad but in 7 days or less I may forget most parts of this movie.

did i mention the cameras 86% of the movie are all shakey and with bond girls like that, maybe keep em shakin' is the best idea.

I give it 6 stars out of 10 for being less sucky then most movies out right now.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Personally I think the Bond girls were ok. You either like em or you hate them.
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Kaos4 »

I didn't mind the bond girls, I thought they worked fine.

Overall, I thought the movie was pretty good. Obviously not as good as Please remove this may be spam Royale, but I thought it was worth it to watch. I thought it was enjoyable, I only wish they stretched out the movie longer to flesh out the plot. I would give it an 8.5/10.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Am I the only one who thought it was better than Please remove this may be spam Royale? CR was way too slow for me, and had some disturbing scenes.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I'd say Quantum is better with action, but no story.

I'd have to watch it again and Please remove this may be spam and wait like a day or two to finally make my decision on which is better.
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Kaos4 »

Teancum,

One of my friends liked it better than Please remove this may be spam Royale, so you're not alone.
He thought bond was a wuss in CR because of the "torture" scene.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Kaos4 wrote:He thought bond was a wuss in CR because of the "torture" scene.
Your friend has obviously never been kicked in the junk. What he sat through was the height of manly. (Every time I even watch that scene I cringe.)
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Kaos4 »

That's what I tried to explain to him.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Don't forget the best line from that scene.

Bond: *laughing* Now everyone will know you died scratching my balls! *laughs*
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I saw it on Tuesday and thought it was alright. The story was hard to follow, the cameras were shaky, and it was missing some classic Bond elements, but I have to say that I love Daniel Craig's portrayal of Bond. I actually thought most of the other characters were well-done, too.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The obnoxious CIA guy with the big moustache was funny, and even though Greene's bodyguard barely said anything the whole movie, I liked the way his character was played. Greene himself was okay, but I do wish the films would return to the more ruthless villains.
My favorite scene in the whole movie:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Guy on bike: You were supposed to shoot her!
Bond: Well I missed! (yanks the bike out from under the guy)
Priceless.