Configuring Wn7 on my Mac

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Configuring Wn7 on my Mac

Post by Nova Hawk »

So I finally was able to install Win7 on my mac. Now I'm only having a little problem with connecting to the internet while on Win7. My wireless works great on my Mac but not on Win7. I have an Apple router that my dad just got and how can I connect my Win7 to that? Does anyone have any ideas? Plus, my wireless mouse does not for some reason work either when I'm on Win7 so I have to use an old wired mouse instead.

Some tutorials on like youtube or something would be greatly appreciated!
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Configuring Wn7 on my Mac

Post by computergeek »

Win 7 through bootcamp? Not sure if it matters, but its good to ask anyway. Have you tried updating the drivers for the wireless on 7? The mouse is probably a driver problem too.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

computergeek wrote:Win 7 through bootcamp? Not sure if it matters, but its good to ask anyway. Have you tried updating the drivers for the wireless on 7? The mouse is probably a driver problem too.
I dunno how I would do that. Do you have any helpful tutorials?
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

For the mouse- Did it come with a software CD? If it did, put it in the computer and install the software. If not, find out the model of the mouse and look up drivers for it on google.

For the wireless internet- Before we get into driver stuff, will it allow you to see any networks at all?
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

computergeek wrote:For the wireless internet- Before we get into driver stuff, will it allow you to see any networks at all?
Nah, it won't.

EDIT:
Yeah, actually my mouse does work not. It's only my internet that's the problem.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

You can probably pick up a good, solid, cheap USB mouse at your local RadioShack, Fred Meyer, Best Buy, etc. for about $10-15.

As for your Internet problem, go to the Start menu, search "device manager" in the little search box, click on "Device Manager," click the little "+" box next to "Network adapters," and tell us which devices are listed.

OR

Press Windows+R to open up the Run dialog or go to the Start menu and click Run or search for "Run" in the search box. Once the Run dialog is open, type in "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe" without the quotes and hit enter, click Save All Information, choose a name for the file, click Save, open up the file you just saved, highlight all of the text in the file and post it in a spoiler tag or something here.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Marth8880 wrote: As for your Internet problem, go to the Start menu, search "device manager" in the little search box, click on "Device Manager," click the little "+" box next to "Network adapters," and tell us which devices are listed.
Um, none. I don't even see that in the option list
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

Before we get into all the complexities, have you installed ALL the bootcamp drivers on your mac install disc? that would explain any problems with your mouse, wifi and anything else currently not working properly....

If not, insert the disc while on windows then let the setup do the rest. If you don't have a disc, you should be able to download all the drivers from the apple site...i think there's a link to the drivers in the bootcamp setup on the mac side...

If you have installed all the drivers on the disc, try booting mac up, then go to system information and look at your wifi details - who made it, what model etc - then try and download those drivers specifically from the internet.....

If you've already tried all this, as a last resort you could try using a driver application which automatically detects/ updates drivers....
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Good news! Everything is working now! All my drivers are up to date! Now all I need to transfer all my files onto my Win7 copy... *sigh*
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

What did you do?