W.I.P. - E-Wing Starfighter

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

W.I.P. - E-Wing Starfighter

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Well, since everyone has been posting up models they've done lately, I'll post mine :) I started this a week or so ago, and its pretty much done. Now i need a texture and then I'll be releasing it to the public. Here's a picture:
drummerzoid1

RE: W.I.P. - E-Wing Starfighter

Post by drummerzoid1 »

star wars battlefront II is going to be one nice game with all these custom models, good ones at that.
Nice work!
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

O.o very nice jabba, pretty cool model :) can't wait to see it textured!!
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

i dunno it looks wierd like the nose is too big and the wings are too small, doesnt look like those wings could even hold it in the air.
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

That looks really cool! Are you going to have it shoot from the 2 wing guns and top center gun all at once? :)
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: RE: W.I.P. - E-Wing Starfighter

Post by -_- »

minilogoguy18 wrote:i dunno it looks wierd like the nose is too big and the wings are too small, doesnt look like those wings could even hold it in the air.
Basiclly what Mini said. But It looks great so far! *checks guide to vehicles again*
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

RE: Re: RE: W.I.P. - E-Wing Starfighter

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I used a picture to make the wings/body the right size/ slan.. so if it's wrong then its not my fauly really...
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

I really don't think it looks bad. This is the only picture I could find, and I think that if we saw the model from a different angle it would make the nose look different. Not to mention the only pictures I could find were in drawings so who knows what it looks like in full effect!

Hope this helps, either way its a great model! :wink:

L-5-R

Post by L-5-R »

LOL so somone else is working on an e-wing ;) well I'll be reseasing mine soon as well soo good luck.

Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Additionally to Vyse's, I think that this picture might help you to get a better overview of an E-Wing-class Star Fighter, Jabba'...

PS : L-5-R, as stated in the thread Teancum has dedicated to the brand-new "Rules" applied on these message-boards (And available at this URL), promoting your own work in another user's thread isn't tolerated...
But since you're one "major" member of GameToast's Community, I guess I do not need to consider you as a "potentially un-wanted" element... :wink:
L-5-R

Post by L-5-R »

I apologize, I should have linked insted to my thread. Jaba im not trying to steal you thunder, if i can aid you in any modeling or texturing
help or advice let me know.

I posted ubove pic only as a refrence and relise i shoulda put more thought into it lol.

L-5-R out.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Lol, L5R, its all cool. I started working on the e-wing just because i tought u'd neevr finish urs. But now that ur gonna finish it, we'll just use yours :) (if you dont mind)
L-5-R

Post by L-5-R »

Lol hey I'll send you the alpa build so you can test it ;)
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Vyse wrote:Image

Wow I prefer the look of this drawing over both your models :P

Looks more sleak and awsome ^_^

~OOM-9
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Leviathan wrote:Off-topic : Additionally to Vyse's, I think that this picture might help you to get a better overview of an E-Wing-class Star Fighter, Jabba'...

PS : L-5-R, as stated in the thread Teancum has dedicated to the brand-new "Rules" applied on these message-boards (And available at this URL), promoting your own work in another user's thread isn't tolerated...
But since you're one "major" member of GameToast's Community, I guess I do not need to consider you as a "potentially un-wanted" element... :wink:
First off, I used that picture to make my e-wing (among others :lol:)

And secondly, the rules don't apply if the maker of the thread doesn't mind, or at least it should be that way. Since L-5-R is cool, i don't really care if he posts a picture of his e-wing here. Therefore, he shouldn't be in any trouble... :)
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

In other words , Jabba doesnt want to press charges against L-5-R. ;)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Jabba', be sure I knew such a message could not be that "annoying" for you, especially if one "major" Softimage|XSI products' owner has added it to this thread, but I prefer reminding local "Rules" to any GameToast member around, so as to avoid similar behaviors in the future, which would be more or less "helpful"... :wink:
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Lol, everything's fine, i was just saying. And it's not because he's a good modeler, is because I get along with him ;)