crash when entering custom vehicle

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

crash when entering custom vehicle

Post by kiprobin »

I'm trying to add Psych0fred's combatspeeder proto into my map. It loads into the game fine, and when the ai jump into it it works properly as far as I can tell. However, whenever i, the player, get in, the game crashes immediately. I checked the error log, and the only severity 3's that seemed relevant were these:
Message Severity: 3
C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Platform\PC\pcFirstPerson.cpp(69)
FirstPerson::LoadLVLFile: Could not open FPM\vehicles\vehicles.lvl

C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\EntityHover.cpp(3446)
Hover "all_hover_combatspeeder_proto" weapon 1 "nab_weap_hover_gianspeeder_cannon1" not found

C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\MountedTurret.cpp(1555)
Mounted turret "all_hover_combatspeeder_proto TURRET2" weapon 1 "imp_weap_hover_fightertank_laser" not found

I found one of those two missing weapons, but I dont really know what to do about the first person error, or even if any of these things are what's causing the problem. Does anyone have a better idea of what might be going on than I do?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: crash when entering custom vehicle

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Edit your vehicle's ODF and remove the entire FirstPerson = "whatever" line of code
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: crash when entering custom vehicle

Post by kiprobin »

I tried that, and it didn't work, but then when i found the other missing weapon, the crashing stopped. I'm still getting that severity 3 over the first person stuff, but it seems to work fine, and the crashes were caused by the missing weapons not the first person thing; I have no idea what that's about. Thanks for the help though!