Poll your favorite KOTOR music

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Favorite Track

55%
No votes
No votes
No votes
27%
18%

Total votes: 11
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Poll your favorite KOTOR music

Post by YaNkFaN »

here are some KOTOR tracks I'd be interested in hearing

1) Sith

2) Aboard the Star Forge

3) The Unknown World

4) Taris Lower City

5)Theme

6) Other please specify with link possibly
jedimaster745
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Re: Poll your favorite KOTOR music

Post by jedimaster745 »

Of those, my favorite would be the theme. If i were to suggest another, it would be the dantooine music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv8tYdGTQdY ...very peaceful.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

At 0:44 in The Sith, you will mentally visualize your kotor character awakening half-naked in that dormitory of the Endar Spire. :P

I go for 1, great theme.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

jedimaster745 wrote:Of those, my favorite would be the theme. If i were to suggest another, it would be the dantooine music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv8tYdGTQdY ...very peaceful.
QFT. That is my favorite KOTOR soundtrack. But out of the choices you gave us, Yank, I'd go with number 5.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Of all the theme music, I think that the two main themes: the "Old Republic theme" and "Darth Malak's Theme" are the strongest and best to focus on as music themselves. The other pieces of music were good, but they didn't show the strong leitmotifs that Star Wars is so well-known for - they provided mostly ambient music (which was no doubt the intent). The two above pieces had those strong themes that showed up several times - their best representations are in the tracks "The Old Republic" and "Aboard the Star Forge" (strangely enough, "Darth Malak" I do not think is as good a track as "Aboard the Star Forge" for representing his theme).

I think several of the "...attack/battle" pieces of music were good (I think "Mandalorian Attack" was my favorite?), but they are less memorable thematically.
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Maveritchell wrote:Of all the theme music, I think that the two main themes: the "Old Republic theme" and "Darth Malak's Theme" are the strongest and best to focus on as music themselves. The other pieces of music were good, but they didn't show the strong leitmotifs that Star Wars is so well-known for - they provided mostly ambient music (which was no doubt the intent). The two above pieces had those strong themes that showed up several times - their best representations are in the tracks "The Old Republic" and "Aboard the Star Forge" (strangely enough, "Darth Malak" I do not think is as good a track as "Aboard the Star Forge" for representing his theme).

I think several of the "...attack/battle" pieces of music were good (I think "Mandalorian Attack" was my favorite?), but they are less memorable thematically.
QFT (But it was kinda hard to understand for me :roll: :lol: )

I go with number one, tough. I like Epic Music themes like this :maulsaber:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Maveritchell wrote:Of all the theme music, I think that the two main themes: the "Old Republic theme" and "Darth Malak's Theme" are the strongest and best to focus on as music themselves. The other pieces of music were good, but they didn't show the strong leitmotifs that Star Wars is so well-known for - they provided mostly ambient music (which was no doubt the intent). The two above pieces had those strong themes that showed up several times - their best representations are in the tracks "The Old Republic" and "Aboard the Star Forge" (strangely enough, "Darth Malak" I do not think is as good a track as "Aboard the Star Forge" for representing his theme).

I pretty much agree with that. The ambient music works great as ambient music, but when listening to some of it on its own, it really isn't that interesting. It's the same to an extent with the battle music - while playing the game it works really well, but taken out of context it doesn't seem as powerful or memorable as the original movies, where the music became as memorable as the scene itself.

For example, this thread got me thinking about some of the music in TSL such as the "Final Battle" theme. I remembered loving the opening of it, but about ten seconds in it becomes almost boring.
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by computergeek »

Defidentaly Kreia's Dark Side Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi3aFQGsrUE
Its the music that plays when you open the KOTOR II menu
Valthero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Valthero »

Sith. I LOVE that one.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

KOTOR II Light Sided ending/ Music of the Rebuilt Jedi Temple
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

I personally have never played the game, but from the ones posted here, Kreia's sith theme sounds the best IMO. But, shouldn't this be in the Game Discussion thread, not SWB2 General?
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

GangsterJawa wrote:I personally have never played the game, but from the ones posted here, Kreia's sith theme sounds the best IMO. But, shouldn't this be in the Game Discussion thread, not SWB2 General?
Oh, heh. I didn't make the connection until now. YaNk, if this topic is what I'm guessing it's for, I don't think you can legally put the KotOR music in SWBFII.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:I personally have never played the game, but from the ones posted here, Kreia's sith theme sounds the best IMO. But, shouldn't this be in the Game Discussion thread, not SWB2 General?
Oh, heh. I didn't make the connection until now. YaNk, if this topic is what I'm guessing it's for, I don't think you can legally put the KotOR music in SWBFII.
I thought the Convo Pack had KOTOR music in it at one point?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Ping wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
I thought the Convo Pack had KOTOR music in it at one point?
It was removed for the reason above.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Oh yeah... didn't think of that... but I don't think it's legal, as stated above.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

so it is illegal? ok I didn't know that then I guess I will need to change some things around thanks guys for telling me that. I guess keep the poll open cause I'm still interested in waht music people like

edit: what a waste of 2.5 hours figuring out the tutorial on custom sounds
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

YaNkFaN wrote:edit: what a waste of 2.5 hours figuring out the tutorial on custom sounds
At least now you'll know what to do in the future.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

YaNkFaN wrote:edit: what a waste of 2.5 hours figuring out the tutorial on custom sounds
Not a waste, that knowledge might be useful to you someday.

edit: we posted at the same time.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

yea i guess the information gained was valuable too bad it sounded really nice in game.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

You can keep it in for yourself (if you own the music), you just can't distribute it.