How to get your game to run on Windows 7 Tutorial

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

elfie
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: no games
xbox live or psn: no live

How to get your game to run on Windows 7 Tutorial

Post by elfie »

Hey All,

I saw a lot of other people on other sites saying how they were unable to get Battlefront 2 to run on their new computer, whether it be Windows 7 or Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit. In my case,
my new computer is a 64-bit Windows 7, and for the first week I had it, I was unable to succesfully run BF2. It seems the most common problem I found people had, which I also experienced, is that the game loads, but when you load a map from instant action, campaign etc. the game crashes without an error. This tutorial will explain how to fix this problem.

1. Install Battlefront 2 in your Program Files (x86) folder. It seemed when I installed it in Program Files it created problems.
2. (Optional) Drag your Star Wars Battlefront 2 exe file to the desktop. Though this step is optional, I recommend it as it will make it both easier to do the next step, and you will probably want it to test out your maps.
3. Now we have to modify the exe file to make it compatible with Windows XP. Right Click on the application file and chose properties. Click on the compatibility tab. Check the check box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and under the drop down menu chose Windows XP (Service Pack 2) (3 also works). Leave all of the other boxes under settings unchecked for now.
4. Finally, the most important step! We need to make the audio compatible with the game. Go to the Start Menu>Control Panel. Click on Hardware and Sound. Go to Manage Audio Devices. Click on the Recording Tab. Right Click and select Show Disabled Audio Devices. Enable any of the disabled audio devices (There should be at least one).
5. Launch your game and it should now work perfectly! :D

Hope this is helpful. If you have any problems post below.
*Offtopic kinda - I also now own the full version of XSI, Maya, and 3DS Max 2010. That being said, If you need any models exported then just PM me.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: How to get your game to run on Windows 7 Tutorial

Post by RogueKnight »

elfie wrote: *Offtopic kinda - I also now own the full version of XSI, Maya, and 3DS Max 2010. That being said, If you need any models exported then just PM me.
You won't be able to export player models with the pandemic tool though, you can't have a full version of the version needed.